How to play rainbow jumbling tower
What is Rainbow Jumbling Tower?
Rainbow Jumbling Tower is a fun and exciting party game that is perfect for children and adults alike. It is a variant of the popular Jenga game, where players take turns removing wooden blocks from a tower and placing them on top, trying to keep the tower from falling. The twist in Rainbow Jumbling Tower is that each block is a different color, and players must follow certain rules based on the color of the block they remove.
Setting up the game
To set up the game, you will need the following:
- Rainbow Jumbling Tower game set, which includes 54 wooden blocks in six different colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple).
- A flat, stable surface to play on.
To set up the game, follow these steps:
- Randomly select one block of each color and stack them in a row on the playing surface.
- Place the remaining blocks on top of the row of colored blocks, following the standard Jenga pattern (each block is placed perpendicular to the blocks beneath it, with the blocks alternating between being offset to the left and right).
- The tower is now ready to be played!
Rules of the game
The basic rules of Rainbow Jumbling Tower are similar to those of standard Jenga. Players take turns removing a block from the tower and placing it on top, trying to keep the tower from falling. However, there are additional rules based on the color of the block that is removed:
- Red blocks: When a player removes a red block, they must close their eyes and try to place the block on top of the tower without looking.
- Orange blocks: When a player removes an orange block, they must place the block on top of the tower with their non-dominant hand.
- Yellow blocks: When a player removes a yellow block, they must place the block on top of the tower while standing on one foot.
- Green blocks: When a player removes a green block, they must place the block on top of the tower with their eyes closed and using their non-dominant hand.
- Blue blocks: When a player removes a blue block, they must place the block on top of the tower while standing on one foot and using their non-dominant hand.
- Purple blocks: When a player removes a purple block, they must place the block on top of the tower with their eyes closed, using their non-dominant hand, and standing on one foot.
Winning the game
The game continues until the tower falls or a player is unable to complete the task required by the color of the block they removed (e.g., placing the block on the tower while standing on one foot). The player who causes the tower to fall or who is unable to complete the task loses the game.
Tips for playing Rainbow Jumbling Tower
Here are a few tips to help you succeed at Rainbow Jumbling Tower:
- Take your time: It can be tempting to try to quickly remove and place a block, especially if you are under time pressure. However, rushing can increase the chances of the tower falling or of you making a mistake. Take your time to carefully assess the tower and choose the best block to remove.
- Watch out for the balance of the tower: As you play, pay attention to the overall balance of the tower. If one side of the tower seems particularly unstable, you may want to avoid removing blocks from that side.
- Use your non-dominant hand: you are required to use your non-dominant hand to place a block, don’t be discouraged! This can be a challenging task, but it is also an excellent opportunity to improve your coordination and dexterity. Practice using your non-dominant hand in other tasks, such as writing or playing a musical instrument, to improve your skills.
- Stand on one foot with caution: If you are required to stand on one foot while placing a block, make sure you have a stable and secure footing. You may want to keep your other foot slightly off the ground for balance, but be careful not to put too much weight on it. If you feel unsteady, it may be safer to sit down or to stand with both feet on the ground.
- Have fun! Rainbow Jumbling Tower is a game meant to be enjoyed by all. Don’t take it too seriously and remember to have fun!
Variations of the game
There are many ways to customize and vary the rules of Rainbow Jumbling Tower to make the game more challenging or suited to your group’s preferences. Here are a few ideas:
- Timed turns: Set a timer for each player’s turn and see who can complete their turn the quickest while still following all of the rules.
- Blindfolded play: For an extra challenge, have all players play the game blindfolded. This can make it difficult to determine which blocks are which colors, adding an element of surprise to the game.
- Penalties: If a player breaks a rule (e.g., by using their dominant hand instead of their non-dominant hand), impose a penalty, such as requiring the player to remove two blocks on their next turn or to perform a silly task (e.g., singing a song or doing a dance).
Rainbow Jumbling Tower is a fun and exciting party game that is perfect for children and adults alike. It adds an extra layer of challenge to the classic Jenga game by introducing colored blocks with special rules. With careful planning and a little bit of luck, you can be the champion of Rainbow Jumbling Tower!